NSRTC CLUB RULES
The rules summarised below are designed for the day-to-day safe and fair operation of the Club for the benefit of all members. The full rules are contained within the Club’s Constitution and in playing guidelines for tournaments and matches.
- Full Membership is open to all, irrespective of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, age or disability.
- Country Members must live more than 30 miles from club, maximum play is twice per month.
- Juniors & Students age up to 18 and 25 respectively, must be in full-time education
- Founders who are not members may play at any time as visitors. They may use one free court per Loan unit, up to three, for each year that they hold a loan note.
- Visitors may play a maximum of 4 times during the Club’s year or must pay a joining fee.
- Members are to ensure that the Club holds current addresses, email, & phone no.
Termination of membership
- Notice should be given to the Club in writing. No refund of the remaining subscription or levy will normally be made.
- The directors may expel a member from the Club only for good and sufficient cause (Article 3.2).
HEALTH & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
The Professionals have the full authority of the Directors & Committee to enforce Health & Safety rules.
- They must address the dangers and safety issues of play when advising members and visitors.
- They must close the court when, in their professional judgement, play is dangerous.
- They must inspect all netting monthly and should sweep the court after each 6-hour period.
- Matches should be marked from the Dedans.
- Safety glasses or goggles: It is mandatory for juniors to wear approved safety glasses or goggles when having lessons, and most strongly advised for all when playing.
Players must abide by decisions made by the professional, and take reasonable responsibility at all times for acting safely on the Club premises.
- All players must conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the etiquette of the game and observe the rules of the Club.
- Clothing worn on court should be predominantly white.
Club and Court Fees
- All charges must be paid within 30 days or may attract administration charges or the suspension of playing rights.
- Subscriptions are due on 1st October.
- Members may cancel a court booking up to 48 hours in advance without penalty. For less notice, the full court cost will be charged. Half of the court fee will be waived if the pro is able to rearrange a game.
- A late cancellation of a lesson will incur a £10 fee to the coach if the lesson is not taken by another member.
- Tournaments are open to Club Members of all categories. Entries will be closed in mid-October and the draw made. The tournament entry fee and appropriate club subscription must be paid before the first round is played. All players have responsibility for arranging games and offering a realistic selection of dates to their opponents. Failure to meet the deadline for each round may result in a walk-over. This will be adjudicated by the professionals. All games must be completed by May so that cups may be presented at the AGM.
- Guidelines for Match Managers advise them to liaise with their opposite visiting manager at least 6 weeks prior to the fixture, to arrange for a match marker if at home, and confirm details with their team members.
- Managers are responsible for collecting fees and completing a results card. They and team members should be present for as much of the day as is practicable to ensure that visitors are hosted, suitable refreshments are available, that the marker is enabled to have a lunch break, and that the club is tidy at the end of the day.
- There shall be between 3 and 5 directors, one of whom shall be the Chairman of the Club.
- Minutes to be kept of all meetings of Directors and of AGMs & EGMs.
- For rules for termination of a Director’s appointment see Article 9.
- Election of Officers and Committee Members shall take place at the AGM of the Club. They and their nominators must be full adult members of the Club.
- Officers and Committee Members shall hold office for a maximum of 3 years before standing down. They may stand for re-election, subject to the requirements of the Committee. Any co-opted members must stand down and may offer themselves for reappointment at the next AGM.
AGM and other General Meetings
- The Club shall hold an AGM each year by specific call to members giving at least 21 days’ notice of the time, date, and place and business of the meeting. The meeting will be taken by the Chairman or a Director. A quorum will exist when 10 members with voting rights are present.